Tuesday 30 September 2014

The Weird are Wonderful

I'm sitting on a sofa. One of my friends is striding around the kitchen carrying a military war book and shouting about how his hands are moisturised. Another friend is sat on the sofa next to me laughing at a brownie.
I think being 'weird' is the best thing you can possibly be. It's practically interchangeable with the word unique.
It's surprisingly hard to 'be yourself',  especially in certain situations. Going with the flow can be the hardest or easiest thing in the world. It allows you to turn invisible, and that feels safe, but that can be frustrating and ultimately, sad.
When you do make the choice do go against the majority, do what you wanted to do all along, it is the best feeling in the world.




It can be anything, from deciding to stay home in your pyjamas and watching stupid films instead of going to a party that 'cant be missed'. It can be wearing crazy clothes, saying crazy things or spontaneously buying pet fish and naming them after your favourite scientists (I recommend).
I know it's easier said than done...I'm still working on it!! It's easier when you find the right friends, who don't care how crazy you want to be.

Be weird, it's OK.




No comments :

Post a Comment